Beekeepers are invited to a live ‘webinar’ on managing American Foulbrood Disease (AFB) in honey bee colonies. This webinar will be delivered by Australian (NSW) Bee Biosecurity Officer Rod Bourke.
Rod has worked with bees his whole life as his family is a major honey producer in Tasmania. Rod is also a former Fiji resident so some of us will remember him from those years.
Webinar concepts will include:
- What is AFB and how to identify it?
- What to do if you find AFB?
- What can be done to reduce the risks and impact of AFB?
- Developing a basic barrier system.
Questions will be answered at the end of the webinar.
- Date: Thursday, October 14 2021
- Time: 7:00 PM Fiji Time (5:00 PM PNG/QLD Time, 6:00PM NSW Time)
- Zoom Link: https://bit.ly/AFBWebinar
- Password: 426119
Please plan to join the webinar between 10 and 15 minutes early to allow time for you to resolve any connectivity issues. Best to download Zoom.us software to your computer or phone prior to the webinar.
The webinar is free for all Pacific Island beekeepers to attend and is sponsored by the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR), Bees for Sustainable Livelihoods in collaboration with Fiji Beekeepers Association and NSW Department of Primary Industries.