So finally on Tuesday morning in August 2020 we had a sunny day, and we decided “green light” on be moving the bees from a neighbour’s exterior wall.
This was the first time that Stuart had even seen how this was done, and although the queen proved a little bit fast on her feet, I found her all was well.
Took us about 2 hours to remove the exterior wall, and carefully cut the comb out. Luckily it was all at waist height for once, no ladder needed really (for once! LOL) 🙂
We left the new hive box there with queen inside, and queen excluder between the bottom and the first box. And left it there until nightfall.
At 6pm it was dark enough and the bees were all very calm and friendly as we sealed and boxed the unit. We double strapped them as it was first time Stuart had transported a beehive, and we wanted to make sure of no mishaps, or slipping 😉
They are now happily relocated to Stuart’s new bee yard in Lami. Stuart’s first hive 🙂